In an attempt to successfully balance working in corporate America and being a wife, I’ve been busy preparing Freezer Meals each weekend for the weeks ahead. This month, I collected a few recipes from Greg’s mama, that I knew he already LOVED, and recreated my own version of them. Chicken Tetrazzini was one of these dishes that he raved about days after I served it. So here’s the recipe!!
“I was so happy for this little marriage win and little did he know, there’s more where that came from… THE FREEZER.”
Freezer Meal Tips and Tricks
- Plan one day month to cook 4-5 freezer meals at one time. Just get the task over with and done.
- Spray or Butter your glass dishes before scooping contents into the dish.
- Freeze meals in dishes in which you can bake and recover for leftovers.
- Thaw meals in the refrigerator 12-24 hours before dinner time.
- Write cooking instructions on a piece of washi tape and directly place on the lid.
My Glass Dishes
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts, chopped or Rotisserie Chicken, chopped (easiest)
- One Package of Angel Hair Pasta – cooked
- 3-4 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 large jar diced Pimentos
- 2 cans Mushroom Pieces, drained
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced and sauteed
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Optional – 2 large Celery Stalks, diced
- Optional – 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- Fresh Bread Crumbs + Shredded Cheese for topping
S T E P B Y S T E P
- Preheat Oven to 350° (Skip if you are making this as a freezer meal 😉 )
- Boil pasta according to package, add salt and olive oil while cooking.
- Chop chicken.
- Saute onions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon mixture into glass dish(es), cover with airtight lid, label dishes with cooking instructions.
- When ready to cook, top with bread crumbs and cheddar cheese, bake uncovered at 350° degrees for 30-35 minutes.
If you decide to recreate this recipe, please tag me on Instagram (@thewhimsicalpineapple) and I will REPOST!
Check out images of the 2 original recipes by Greg’s Grandma Bea and his mama. I treasure these.
“But he answered, “It is written, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”